SKINCARE EDUCATION 101
Applying only a small amount of hyaluronic acid serum to your face is recommended for a few reasons:
1. Thickening properties. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural substance found in our skin and other connective tissues, and it possesses some thickening properties when used in skincare products. Its molecular structure allows it to bind and hold a significant amount of water. When HA absorbs water, it swells and takes on a gel-like consistency, contributing to the thickening effect in serums.
2. Concentration: Our hyaluronic acid serum is highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way. For our original hyaluronic acid serum with highest 4% concentration, 1 drop/ pump is enough. Because it is highly concentrated, you can even dilute it with water and pat on your face. A small amount can provide effective hydration without overloading your skin.
3. Skin type: Different skin types have different needs. Some people have naturally oilier skin, so applying too much serum may make their skin feel greasy. Others have drier skin and may need a bit more, but it’s still best to start with a small amount and adjust as needed.
4. Preventing waste: Using a small amount helps you avoid wasting the product.
5. Layering: Many people incorporate multiple skincare products into their routine, so using a small amount of each product ensures that you can layer them effectively without feeling weighed down. ( Especially when you wear thicker sunscreen and foundations. )
"Natural clean beauty" refers to the use of skincare and cosmetic products that are formulated with natural, non-toxic ingredients, without the use of harmful chemicals or synthetic additives. There are several reasons why many people consider natural clean beauty important:
Health and Safety: Many conventional beauty products contain potentially harmful chemicals and synthetic ingredients that can be absorbed through the skin and into the body. Natural clean beauty products are often free from ingredients such as parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and artificial fragrances, which are known to be linked to various health concerns.
Skin Sensitivity: Natural ingredients are less likely to cause skin irritation, allergies, or sensitivities. People with sensitive skin or certain skin conditions may find natural clean beauty products to be a safer and gentler option.
Environmental Impact: Natural clean beauty products often use sustainable and eco-friendly sourcing and production practices. This can reduce the environmental impact associated with the beauty industry, such as deforestation, water pollution, and excess waste.
Animal Welfare: Many natural clean beauty brands are cruelty-free and do not test their products on animals. This reflects an ethical stance against animal testing, which is an important consideration for many consumers.
Transparency: Natural clean beauty brands often prioritize transparency about their ingredients and sourcing, allowing consumers to make informed choices about the products they use on their bodies.
Sustainability: Some natural clean beauty brands focus on using recyclable or biodegradable packaging, reducing the amount of plastic waste associated with beauty products.
Ethical Sourcing: Many natural clean beauty brands prioritize ethically sourcing their ingredients, often supporting fair trade practices and local communities.
Wellness and Self-Care: Natural clean beauty is often seen as part of a holistic approach to wellness and self-care. Using products that are free from potentially harmful ingredients can contribute to a sense of well-being and self-care.