Beauty Tips: Less is More- Applying only a small amount of hyaluronic acid serum
Applying only a small amount of hyaluronic acid serum to your face is recommended for a few reasons:
1. Thickening properties. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural substance found in our skin and other connective tissues, and it possesses some thickening properties when used in skincare products. Its molecular structure allows it to bind and hold a significant amount of water. When HA absorbs water, it swells and takes on a gel-like consistency, contributing to the thickening effect in serums.
2. Concentration: Our hyaluronic acid serum is highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way. For our original hyaluronic acid serum with highest 4% concentration, 1 drop/ pump is enough. Because it is highly concentrated, you can even dilute it with water and pat on your face. A small amount can provide effective hydration without overloading your skin.
3. Skin type: Different skin types have different needs. Some people have naturally oilier skin, so applying too much serum may make their skin feel greasy. Others have drier skin and may need a bit more, but it’s still best to start with a small amount and adjust as needed.
4. Preventing waste: Using a small amount helps you avoid wasting the product.
5. Layering: Many people incorporate multiple skincare products into their routine, so using a small amount of each product ensures that you can layer them effectively without feeling weighed down. ( Especially when you wear thicker sunscreen and foundations. )